Thursday 19 December 2013

R6 ETA, because everybody keeps asking...

I am working my ass off whenever I have spare time to get the game to a point where I think it can be called release 6.  I don't reckon it'll be before the end of the year but hopefully not long after that!  Think of it as a late Christmas present.  I should have around 80% of the current requests completed and included in the first version.

I'm still extremely broke (Christmas is not cheap is it @_@) so if anyone has been sitting on the fence about donating, please do!  I'll love you forever.  If you are already planning to donate but are waiting until you think of a cool idea before donating, I can keep you on my list of people who have donated but not requested anything yet and you can request it at a later date when you think of something awesome.  And I will be able to pay my rent next month ;-)

Anyway love you all and keep the sweet comments coming, I crave all your attention just like a good bimbo should.

15 comments:

  1. I was going to save this $30 donation until after the release, but I guess it's Christmas, so yaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    Justed wanted to ask you for a little clarification: The amounts stated are in USD?

    Can't wait for the new version :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there a way to spawn items or make yourself start off with custom sets of gear? i'm finding it nearly impossible to actually get the set i want
    the wiki doesn't mention anything about this sadly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a bit of a cheat to do this: use the 'purloin' command to put things in your inventory. Works on clothing, monsters, people, etc...

      Delete
  4. will trap quest be getting a discount in the steam winter sales?
    ofcourse it will, gaben provides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get where you're going with this... this game isn't on steam and I don't think it will be anytime soon (not in Greenlight process or anything)

      Delete
    2. Maybe Steam will implement a Redlight process :P

      Happy holidays Aika. I noticed the "oh god im broke" tag and feel the same way.

      Delete
  5. Man is there a way to play this game on an android phone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. +1 to the guy above me: really want to have this on android. Just like corruption of champions. We need some quality adult games on android.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it works on IOS using Frotz, it looks like there may be similar apps for Andriod.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found three apps for the Android, there're probably more. Just google for inform interpreter android. Not really sure if any of them actually support the .gblorb format or images though.

    jFrotz: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whj1972.jfrotz
    Twisty: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.code.twisty
    ZMPP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boxofrats.zmpp4droid

    If none of those work and you're Java-savvy, you can try Quixe. It does not have graphics support but the right file format is listed. http://eblong.com/zarf/glulx/quixe/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing works.
      I've tested everything.

      Delete
    2. Yeah unfortunately glulxe projects are a different story than z machine. :-(

      Delete