Thursday 5 March 2015

And yet another new bug tracking solution

As part of the web stuff refresh, I've been looking out for a superior bug tracking solution which lets everyone see all the current issues.

I've now decided on one, so unless I get kicked for being NSFW the new bug tracking page will be at https://www.hostedredmine.com/projects/trap-quest.

The hosted bug tracking service is free and has no limit on users which is great.  The only downside is that you have to create an account to submit issues, but hopefully if the bug is important enough, people will make an account.

12 comments:

  1. I made an account. I don't think it's "difficult" to make one.
    Some people may not like that first and last name are required fields.
    Then again, it's not like you're compelled to write your real name and your real name only...
    Regarding that, I cannot confirm or deny if I used my real name in the registration or not. =^-^=

    Also, for those who do worry about that stuff, I haven't seen my "name" displayed anywhere yet. Maybe they really do only display the nickname. (I mean, why else would you pick one if your real name is used anyway...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is displayed on profile pages: https://www.hostedredmine.com/users/38983

      But yes, using a fake name is probably fine.

      Delete
  2. The site seems awfully slow, both yesterday and now, is that normal or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the price we pay for me choosing a free solution I guess :P

      Delete
    2. No problem at all, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem on my end :) Thank you for all your hard work!

      Delete
    3. Redmine is not a fast app by itself too.

      Delete
    4. Well its working fine on my side.

      Delete
  3. You could make a generic account so people done't have to make one themselves. Post the UN /PW here for everyone to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if i am another Anon
      Trap / QuestQuest

      have fun reporting

      Delete
  4. Any predictions when the next release might be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be within a couple of days

      Delete
    2. Yay! Half the things are missing in the wiki though guess I'll just have to keep playing to find them all XD

      Delete