Friday 20 March 2015

Pump plug pants & plans moving forward

This variation of the latex plug pants will only ever have an anal plug.  If inflation fetish is enabled, the plug will blow air up inside you whenever you change from standing to kneeling, whether on purpose or because the game made you.  In this way, the item could be used to control your weight relatively accurately, but if it is cursed and you're not doing extremely well in the game, you're probably going to need to get rid of that curse relatively rapidly before you go pop.  Moreover, they will always be cursed when you first encounter one.

I only have a few more donators requests to get through of things that aren't planned for the Hotel.  After that is done in a few weeks, I will be prioritizing getting the hotel to a point where it can be enabled, even if it's pretty empty.

As I'm doing all this, I am also slowly reworking the code to make it more modular and function-based.  This will make it more feasible one day in the future to migrate the code to a superior coding platform, and maybe even one day make the code open source in a way that allows people to create their own traps, monsters, clothing and so on, without needing to touch the main code - and then players can pick and choose from their favorite non-official plugins.  That is the dream, but it's a long way in the future.

Due to the plans to have a fully functional drawn character window, real images of male asses etc. have massively dropped in priority.  In fact due to potential copyright issues I might end up removing the current image set altogether, we'll see.  The character window is coming along well; penises are done and there should be bellies done soon.

As for this blog, we will shortly be migrating over to a new private website I'm setting up.  I've commissioned a drawn banner which may upset a few of you who were hoping for something non-NSFW, but will hopefully be generally received as pretty damn cool.  The blog will be running Ghost, so will have an RSS feed, Disqus for comments and a fancy navigation bar.

In the long term I plan to have the game's wiki and the game's bug tracking system privately hosted as well.

26 comments:

  1. yfw senpai noticed your posts about modding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your awesome work. Since you mentioned the coding platform thing, if someone wanted to try and undertake making a game like Trap Quest is there a platform you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, a blog engine in node. Fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg want the plug panties

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cant wait for the next update, and the site!
    Given the nature of the pump plug, is there any intention/plan to split ass(hole) and pussy? Currently, as far as I know, you can only use items (squirt dildo, buttplug) on your ass if your pussy is blocked by a chastity belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try "plug anus with [insert plug here]" etc.
      It's not impossible to do. I just think that having "ass" stand for pussy is probably confusing to some.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. EDIT: Small correction.

      Personally, I use :
      insert X in asshole
      insert X in vagina

      Works perfectly each time.
      Though, when I have multiple plugs in the inventory, I must say (instead of X) small/medium/huge/monstrous, because the game stacks them together in one 'plug' pile.

      Delete
  6. Damn excited for the Hotel. You're doing fantastic work Aika!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really like the current imagesets, and if anything I'd hope for more real images. Please don't eighty six them unless you absolutely have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. Although I'm not a donor (sorry, dollar is very expensive in my country at the moment) and can't see the drawings yet, I just love the real images, maybe are my favorite thing in the game.

      Maybe Aika can eventually just let us make our own imagesets and use it, I don't know if Glulxe allows this kind of freedom, but at least it'd solve the copyright problem if the game is not "sold" with the images, I guess

      Delete
    2. I would also like to echo the above. Aika, pleeeaaase do not remove the image sets. I'm on my knees begging you. I also had hoped that these would be expanded rather than removed. Drawings are nice as an option but I would rather see real images.

      Perhaps there are other ways to avoid copyright issues. Aren't there enough to choose from that are public domain? Couldn't you just say that all images are assumed to be public domain and agree to remove images if a copyright holder complains? What about buying images as a donator goal?

      The images are one of the features that draw me to play this game again and again in an effort to see them all. I don't think I would enjoy it as much without them.

      Delete
    3. Assuming copyright is not an issue, why not just make it a selectable option at the start of the game? Disable Drawn Images, Enable Real images.

      Delete
    4. I agree. I vote to keep and expand the picture sets instead of getting rid of them! Though the drawings are good too.. nice to have options.

      Delete
    5. I also agree with the 'Disable Drawn Images, Enable Real Images' option(s).
      Unless it starts bloating the game's ''weight'' too much.

      Delete
    6. I'm pretty sure Aika's primary justification for transitioning to drawing is because of copyright issues. Also, it is a selectable option currently.

      Delete
  8. While I like the drawn images, some not so small nits: haircolor isn't indicated AFAICT, and it makes the interpreter noticeably slower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hair colour just isn't done yet, it will eventually. And yes it draws several layers of images which will indeed slow down the interpreter. However I plan to optimise this so that it redraws only when something changes, rather than every turn.

      Delete
  9. "I only have a few more donators requests to get through of things that aren't planned for the Hotel"

    I have only been a patron for a short time, so I'm not sure I have the context necessary to understand this properly. I take from it that there's a stock of patron requests that Aika has slated for hirself in addition to finishing up the initial release of the hotel. Are the patron requests from an older era before Aika realized how much work they'd be, or are they a result of patron polls and that sort of thing? What's the etiquette for suggesting particular additions? I'm sure there's far more on Aika's plate than is doable in any reasonable timeframe, but I presume the 'to-do' list isn't fully set in stone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See http://trapquest.blogspot.com/p/current-donators-requests.html

      We used to be able to donate for a specific item/trap/class/fetishes. That escalated rather quickly.

      Delete
    2. Yes, as it would. I'm impressed that Aika recognized how excessive it was going to become so quickly, and I'm maybe even more impressed with how many items on the list have already been completed. Aika seems like a true professional, at least in terms of project management skill.

      Delete
    3. Heh I don't know about that! But I definitely am better than I was a couple of years ago. Thank you for the kind words though :)

      Delete
    4. I think it's all good. You were in a rough patch when you started the donation business. The time to "manage" donations the most effectively was later.

      Besides, I think it's the best advertisement for your patreon. People can already see lots of content from "donors" and I think most people will agree that some very interesting stuff was requested by them. =^-^=

      I don't know if it would've taken off like this if you had immediately started a patreon without doing donation requests.
      Just goes to show that there's a time for everything. =^-^=

      Delete
    5. Okay, how about I say instead hat Aika seems to have already learned the lessons that are currently slapping around a bunch of other high-profile creators on Patreon?

      Delete
  10. Pump plug *pants* ?
    Is the name indeed meaning that it's gonna use the '...skirts? Bottom?' slot, instead of the 'underwear' slot like the original latex plug did ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now a day’s adult doll is very popular because this pleasure dell is very useful for those people who leaving alone, they use this sex doll for sexual pleasure, you can order this doll to enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete