Tuesday 21 October 2014

Landmark

The IF source code just passed the 250 000 word mark (over 24 000 lines).  Wow!  I never thought the project would get this big when I started it a few years ago.  Some of the code is very old and clunky because it's so old and I was still learning the basics of the language, and after this release there's definitely some parts that need to be rewritten.  But anyway, I'm finished with my recoding of body parts and I'm very happy with the outcome; it's going to make further coding such a lot easier.  It also allowed me to inadvertently identify and eliminate a lot of bugs and inconsistencies in the existing code.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!  Back to the alchemy updates for about a week or so.

Oh, and if you send me a donation with a request in it please please please discuss it with me first, or at the very least either email me as well or put your contact details in the donation notes, or I'll have no way to reply to you.

9 comments:

  1. Lentiscus Argentatum21 October 2014 at 16:17

    Many congratulations! It's always a pleasure for a craftsman to see his progress in the mastery of art, the new awareness is a strong motivation to improve even more. I speak from personal experience. I hope that the art of programming still holds for you a lot of satisfactions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, at least it looks like you will make your "somewhere near the end of october" goal, based on the way you are talking about things. always feels good to get near your personal goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to be able to look back on your past work and go "Damn, I really have done well and come far". Congratulations!

    On a different note, do you still check TFGameSite and the TQ forum there for message, or is it best to just email you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, only aika can give you the definite answer, but based on my experience, aika is mostly active here and on email.
      In other words, it's probably best if you contact aika per email if you want to discuss a donation. At least that's how I did it.

      The problem with tfgs, at least regarding PMs, is that you can only store 150 of them at a time. This is most likely not enough for someone in the same situation as aika. =^-^=

      Delete
    2. Email is better but I do check them periodically

      Delete
  4. Still THE best transformation game around! - You should be proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which version of Inform are you using, anyhow? Lots of people are bemoaning the incompatibilities with the 6L series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6G60, I use too many extensions to migrate.

      Delete